Thursday, March 11, 2010

Revising this blog for the "Call Center Universe"

I have been in the call center industry for the last 5 or so years. At this point I am what people in the know would call a "Veteran Agent"; that means I've seen it all and done it all as an Agent/Associate/Professional/Representative/insert-your-own term but STILL just that. Never been promoted for reasons still lost to me.

In any case, what has dawned on me very recently is I've never related any of my experiences through the magical world of online blogging which, for whatever reason, may provide insight to the call center "noob" or maybe provide a chuckle or two to my peers who know what it's like (and probably have been in the same situations/know of the same stories).

I had this old blog http://servewithasmile.blogspot.com that I wasn't really using for more than the occassional quiz or mentioning a reaaallly important event I wanted to record for posterity like this one (Hi, Tatay! We still love and Miss you!) I fidgetted about creating an entirely new blog but the blog address was just so perfect as it pertains to one of the hardest things to do as a call center worker (especially in Customer Service): Service with a smile whether the caller can see you or not.

So, ignore all the posts that have come before this one (or not, might be worth a snicker or two from you and hey, that's ok). From here on this blog is all going to be about my points of view and experiences in the Call Center 'universe' (hey, there've been smaller niches called 'universe', I figure at least I came up with it first for the BPO/Call center community).

To all "callboys/callgirls"(slang used to refer to people like us) Welcome to my blog and how can I help you today? ^_^

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Other than having your own 1800 Number, hiring credible agents and good company stature will keep the business strong.

Subscribe to my blog!

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in Bloglines

Subscribe in a reader